Christopher Tester, MsC, CDI, SC:L and is WFD-WASLI accredited International Sign (IS) interpreter.
Christopher Tester has received extensive training in interpreting at LaGuardia Community College’s English/ASL Interpreting Education Program. He continued his training through the European Masters in Sign Language Interpreting program at Heriot Watt University in Edinburgh, Scotland. ?He also worked and managed 70+ sign language interpreters during his tenure as a manager/trainer at Sorenson Communications. Additionally, he has had extensive legal interpreting training. With his experience, he has a wide range of skills and flexibility to work in different type of situations. Together, we can be creative and find new solutions to overcoming communication barriers and ensure premium access for the clients involved. Below are the list of areas of experience and services he provides.
- Medical appointments.
- Psychiatric Hospital and Mental Health Services
- Government Services
- Worked with City, State and Federal agencies such as, but not limited to, NYC Housing Authority, US Department of Motor Vehicles, Social Security Administrations, and F.E.G.S: Health and Human Services Systems.
- Theoretical Issues in Sign Language Research (TISLR) conference, Melbourne, Australia (2016)
- National Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf’s conference, New Orleans, LA (2015)
- Conference of Interpreter Trainers (CIT) conference in Portland, OR (2015)
- Theoretical Issues in Sign Language Research (TISLR) conference, London, England (2013)
- Helen Keller National Center, Long Sands, NY
- LightHouse in San Francisco, CA
American Sign Language <-> British Sign Language
- One Year British Sign Language immersion in Brighton, England in 2001-2002
- Disability Film Festival in New York City, 2011
- Received specialized training to interpret from American Sign Language to International Sign interpreting by Bill Moody.
- United Nations, New York, NY (Annual Conference of State Parties)
- United Nation’s General Assembly webcast (2015)
- World Association of Sign Language Interpreter Conference in Istanbul, Turkey (2015)
- Qualified to work in New York, New Jersey and California’s state court system
- Professionally Qualified interpreter for the US Federal Courts
- Attorney-client privileged communications
- Police interviews